BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 5, 2009

3 days down...

So, my first 3 full days of work are already over! It has been a crazy couple of days, learning everything and making sure I don't really screw anything up. I was really worried that my bosses were going to be really mean, and while they are for sure intense about their jobs, they are really helpful and nice people.


To humor you guys a little bit, let me tell you about my first pickup experience. Pickups are when we go to certin companies or stores to get things for our bosses that will be used in the magazines. So my boss yesterday is like "You..." (I don't think she remembers my names) "Go on this pick up, here are the directions. Do you have a metrocard? Good. Hurry because they close soon!" So I immediately think yes! my first chance to really prove myself!! And it happened to be one of the subways I take to get home, so I was glad I kinda new where I was going. Do I get on the right one? Obviously not. I end up a mile away from the place. I surface to the streets and find myself at Madison Square Garden, which was about 15 blocks down and 2 blocks over from where I needed to be... soon. I obviously look like the most lost person ever with my little postit note in my hand looking around and a nice old man stops me. He's like where are you looking? I show him the address and he says, "Oh honey that's a good mile from here, you'll never get there on time." I am freaking out. My first errand for the boss and I mess it up? I obviously start thinking of excuses... I got mugged! my subway was hijacked! Ok, obviously those won't work. So my mind tells me.. RUN! So in my flipflops and nice clothes, I bolt down probably looking like an idiot. I get to 23rd (where I thought the place was) and I cross the street to get down to 6th street. These blocks are a lot longer it took me a while but I was determined to get there! I run. and run and run. I get to the address, oh what's this? A bakery shop. Cool, it's actually 2 streets down. So I run some more and finally get there. And I don't know if you guys realize how much running that actually is but it's a lot so please be proud of me that I got there on time. I was sweating my face off and probably smelled terrible but I got back on the right subway and delivered this really important package! Wanna know what was so important to get before closing yesterday? 2 pairs of converse tennis shoes. Wanna know what we have about 2,000 pairs of? Converse tennis shoes. AWESOME.


Hope you enjoyed that story, which is just a glimpse into the hectic and crazy life of an intern. It's been really great, but I am excited for the weekend. I think my roommate (who also interns with me) and I are going to Times Square tonight and then Central Park tomorrow. Hopefully I will have pictures to put up soon. Have a good weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're gonna start wearing converse, aren't you? and you'll start going for early morning sprints wearing your converse. New York is changing you... gahh...