BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 28, 2009

the boyfriend's first time to NYC...

So, the boyfriend came to town. It was a really fun weekend! We saw everything: the met (lunch was hot dogs on the steps... probably exactly where the gossip girls sit), ellis island and the statue of liberty, battery park, union square, times square (when the news broke about michael jackson... absolute craziness), transformers the movie... (i fell asleep), rockefeller center, columbus circle, hanging out at central park, world trade center, south street seaport, max brenners, in the heights broadway show (awesome!!), and just a lot of hanging out. It was the best thing. Here are a few pics from the trip...



And last night, I went to a yankees game with a few friends that came in town! I really have gotten to do SO many fun things. I only have a few weeks left, and I am trying to soak up every moment! I am looking forward to a restful weekend, including some fireworks on the Hudson river! Thanks so much for continuing to pray for me. As much fun as I am having, it's still easy to get burdened with hurt for people here in the city and miss home. But, I really feel like the Lord is my strength here and I am being taught a LOT about myself and my relationship with Him. I will try and post more soon about what I am learning! Have a great 4th of July!!

4 comments:

Corby and Lauren said...

I'm so glad y'all had fun....get ready to do all of those things again in less than 3 weeks! I am so ready to be there!!!! I love you!

Kay Daniels said...

What a cute couple!! So glad Mike got to experience so much of NYC. You should be a tour guide! Love you tons......Happy 4th!!

Mary Helen Wheeler said...

Hi Leah,

I have so enjoyed reading all your posts and seeing all the pictures.It
looks like a wonderful summer adventure!

We Love You!

Mary Helen and John

Just Jiff said...

You two are SO pretty! You could be on the cover of Seventeen yourself. :)