
So, my room-mates decided to go on a walk tonight after eating dinner. We walk downstairs, and there are flashing lights in the lobby... the kind that flash when there is a fire in your building. Did we not hear an alarm? So of course we don't ask about it... (what?) and walk out of our building. We walk a little ways and here come 2 huge fire trucks. We still don't really stop... good decision? Yeah I guess we were tired. Then we are like ok we should probably see if everything's ok, and if not I will pack my suit cases really quick, because I payed too much money to get my stuff here for it to burn in flames without me inquiring to the front desk if it was going to be ok. My room mate goes to the front desk, and all was well. Some short in the system, except that two huge police trucks had shown up. I'm sorry if that was a little bit of a let down, but I would hope that you would be more excited that my building didn't burn down! The picture shown is the sign to my apartment building and the fire trucks. Enjoy.
Also today, I was almost a witness to an act of assault- bike rider to cab driver. It was kind of scary because I was on a run for a pick-up in a kind of scary area. You know it's a scary area when there are only flourescent lighted signs saying "Peep Show INSIDE!" So, I decided to go as quickly as possible.. Don't worry mom, I was safe. As I was walking out though, a bike rider drove between two cabs and I'm not sure the context of the situation but the bike rider challenged the cab driver to a fight. I obviously stopped to watch, then realized I was the only other one on the street so my mind told me to run... so I did. But wouldn't it be cool if I had witnessed a fight? Maybe not.
In other news, I have visitors coming!! BFF since birth, Maggie, is coming not this weekend but the next. And Mr. Michael Jacobs is coming the last weekend of June! YAY!!! And I only work Monday to Wednesday so they are both coming Wednesday night and staying through the weekend! I am so excited, and really shows me that this time will fly by while I'm here.
P.S. I forgot to mention I will be headed to the Beyonce concert June 21st at Madison Square Garden which is just around the corner... it's ok to be jealous.
5 comments:
Apartment fires?, street assaults?, peep shows?.......beyonce or no beyonce, I've booked your flight to come home to LR tomorrow!!:o)
Love, Mom
Isn't mom such a jokester!?!?!? Definitely jealous about Beyonce.... big fan of "Halo". I literally sing it at the top of my lungs. I'm pretty sure Harper is a fan, since, you know, I sound just like Beyonce.
haha at first I read your mom's comment as "peep shows or no peep shows... you're coming home tomorrow" ... apparently I can't read.
On another note, you're gonna need to search the Seventeen closets and find some Apple Bottoms for Beyonce.
Funny about the apt fire/not fire, peep shows, possible fight, etc. :)
And definitely jealous about the Beyonce concert. I love "Halo" too. :)
Get on Skype already.
Post a Comment